Home Warranty of America makes it their goal to make it as easy as possible for homeowners to find and purchase affordable, comprehensive protection against unexpected repairs and replacements for home systems and appliances. You never really know when something might wear out or break down, but if you have a home warranty from Home Warranty of America, you can rest assured that your problem will be handled quickly and efficiently without emptying your pocket book.
Not only does Home Warranty of America offer home warranties for existing homeowners, but plans are also available for sellers, buyers, and real estate agents. Plans can be customized according to your needs, and flexible payment options make it easy to purchase affordable protection.
What Does Home Warranty of America Have to Offer?
- Multiple plans and optional coverage. With a Home Warranty of America plan you can purchase as much or as little coverage as you need. Choose from two plan options – Premier or Premier Plus – with optional add-ons for other home systems, appliances, and upgrades. You can also choose from two Trade Call Fees, $75 or $100.
- Flexible payment options. Purchasing a home warranty from Home Warranty of America is easy. You have the option to pay for the entire year upfront, or you can divide it into twelve monthly payments. You can also split your cost into three payments, payable by debit card, credit card, or bank withdrawal.
- Excellent customer service. Whether you are looking for a free quote or have questions about your coverage, Home Warranty of America’s dedicated customer service team is always on-call. Help is available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year – just call toll-free at 1-888-492-7359.
- Professional and experienced service contractors. Home Warranty of America works with a vast network of professional and experienced service contractors to ensure fast, efficient repairs and replacements. Service Technicians are deployed within 48 hours of filing a claim.
- No inspection or restrictions. Home Warranty of America doesn’t require a home inspection in order to purchase a plan and there are no age restrictions for older homes. As long as everything is in working order on the effective date of your policy, breakdown due to normal wear and tear is covered.
Costs and Plan Options
Home Warranty of America offers their customers two plan options – Premier and Premier Plus. You also have the right to add optional coverage for other appliances and systems that are not covered by these two plans. Optional add-on coverage is offered on a per-appliance or per-system basis. Below you will find a comprehensive list of what is covered under each plan.
- Heating System/Furnace
- Plumbing System
- Permanent Sump Pump
- Water Heater (Including Tankless)
- Instant Hot Water Dispenser
- Whirlpool Bath Tub
- Electrical System
- Ceiling Fans and Exhaust Fans
- Door Bells, Burglar & Fire Alarm Systems
- Central Vacuum
- Garbage Disposal
- Built-In Microwave
- Trash Compactor
- Garage Door System
- Kitchen Refrigerator with Ice Maker
- Washer and Dryer Set
Premier Plan Cost: The total cost for the Premier Plan with a $75 trade call fee is $580 which can be paid in a single lump sum or divided into 12 monthly payments of $44.62. With a $100 trade call fee, the total cost of the Premier Plan is $535 or 12 monthly payments of $41.15. Payments can be made online by debit card, credit card, or checking account withdrawal.
Premier Plus Plan
- Everything included in the Premier Plan
- Air Conditioning System/Cooler
- Increases Toilet Replacement up to $500
- Plumbing fixtures, faucets, shower heads, stoppages/clogs
- Coverage for more than 30 items not traditionally covered by basic plans
Premier Plus Plan Cost: The total cost for the Premier Plus Plan with a $75 trade call fee is $695 which can be paid in a single lump sum or divided into 12 monthly payments of $53.46. With a $100 trade call fee, the total cost of the Premier Plus Plan is $655 or 12 monthly payments of $50.83. Payments can be made online by debit card, credit card, or checking account withdrawal.
Optional Coverage Add-Ons:
- Premium Coverage ($4.62 month/$60 year)
- SEER/R-410A Modifications ($5.77 month/$75 year)
- GreenPlus ($5.77 month/$75 year)
- OrangePlus ($5.77 month/$75 year)
- Second Refrigerator ($2.69 month/$35 year)
- Stand-Alone Ice Maker ($2.69 month/$35 year)
- Stand-Alone Freezer ($2.69 month/$35 year)
- Pool/Spa Combo ($11.54 month/$150 year)
- Additional Pool/Spa ($11.54 month/$150 year)
- Saltwater Pool ($11.54 month/$150 year)
- Well Pump ($6.54 month/$85 year)
- Septic Tank Pumping ($3.85 month/$50 year)
- Septic System ($3.85 month/$50 year)
- Roof Leak Repair ($3.85 month/$50 year)
In addition to the cost of your Home Warranty of America plan, you will also be responsible for paying a trade service call fee per claim – choose from either $75 or $100. You will be required to pay this fee regardless of whether the claim is granted in part or in whole.
Contracts and Restrictions
To view a copy of Home Warranty of America coverage terms, click HERE.
Coverage begins on the Coverage Period Start Date and ends on the last day of the Coverage Period provided initial payment is received on or before the Contract Start Date. If you selected the regular payment option and HWA elects to renew, you will be notified of the terms and price within 30 days before expiration of coverage. You will automatically be renewed for one year unless you notify HWA in writing prior to plan expiration.
You must notify HWA for Service Requests as soon as the problem is discovered. HWA will dispatch Service Requests to an Authorized Repair Technician within 48 hours.
You will pay the Trade Call Fee or the actual cost of services, whichever is less. The Trade Call Fee for each visit is payable to the Authorized Repair Technician at the time of each visit.
HWA has the sole right to determine whether a covered appliance, system or component will be repaired or replaced. Parts and replacements will be of similar or equivalent quality and efficiency.
You may cancel the contract at any time, but HWA may only cancel due to non-payment, fraud, material misrepresentation, or breach of contract. If you or HWA cancels within 30 days of the Contract Start Date and you have not received service, you are entitled to a full refund less a cancellation fee of the lesser of $30 or 10% the contract fee.
Home Warranty of America does their best to meet the needs of their clients by providing affordable, customizable home warranty plan options. To ask a question or file a claim, customers can speak to a Customer Service agent by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and you can submit your claim online or by phone.
The Better Business Bureau has given Home Warranty of America a “B” rating on a scale from A+ to F. This company has been in business for 20 years, so there are many reviews online – both positive and negative.
When you take the time to make a comparison between Home Warranty of America and some of its competitors, you will find some pros as well as cons. One of the biggest advantages Home Warranty of America offers their customers is the ability to customize their plan – choose from two plans with premium upgrades and optional add-ons. As far as disadvantages, the service call fee for each claim is $75 or $100 – this is a little more than some other companies charge.
If you have further questions about Home Warranty of America, their plans, or their coverage terms, fill out this form and a customer representative will contact you shortly.
The Bottom Line
In the end, it is up to your discretion whether you think it is worth it to purchase a home warranty from Home Warranty of America. If you want to protect yourself against unexpected costs for repairs or replacements, however, you should seriously consider it. Home Warranty of America does their best to keep their plans affordable and to offer excellent value to their customers. Just visit their website to request a free quote.